Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring Break..so far...











Well, Here we are, already spring break time for the kiddos. I have had them all to myself for a whole week! If you know me at all that means we must stay as busy as possible so I don't go into breakdown mode :) We started the week off on Monday by driving up to Snowflake, VA. Yes, it is exactly what you are thinking! A friend from church told me about the Creation Kingdom Zoo. Yes, it is in the middle of nowhere but totally worth the drive! Our friends Insley and Addison joined us. We saw a baby Kangaroo, Turtles, a baby tiger, an ostrich..monkeys..I could go on and on. It was so cool. The kids could touch EVERYTHING! They fed,touched and chased a rooster. It really was amazing! The staff was so informative and great with the kids. We ended the day with picnic.

Yesterday we made a trip to the store and then played outside all day with our neighbor Avery. Our neighborhood is full of little girls. Avery is just about 4 and J.Riley's best friend. They play great together and it is so convenient that they can run back and fourth through the yards. We also have started our vegetable garden! The star of the garden this year I believe will be the strawberries!

Today we planned to go to the park with some friends but Ava has come down with pink eye! GROSS!! So we stayed home and have been busy packing! The kids will be spending the long weekend with Nana and Grampy while Mommy and Daddy go to VEGAS!!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you've been having lots of fun! And definitely staying busy. I hope you and Brent have fun in Vegas together! I'm glad to know about that zoo up in VA. I'll have to take the kids there...

    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete