Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Date Night

As a couple Brent and I have decided that a date night once a week for us is vital. Having a date night in the middle of the week is an ideal way for us to connect when it seems we are running in opposite directions all week. We have a set date night every Wednesday night, because going on a date requires special forces planning around our house. We decided on a set night because you never know when something is going to come up and it always seems to be the night you have planned some quiet time together. One of the kids gets the sniffles, my sister is in a crisis, Brent is out of town on work, You're both exhausted and as much as you want to do something you can barely keep your eyes open. So if it is on the calendar and if something does happen to come up, then there is always NEXT Wednesday! But I am here to tell you that not much comes before date night.  So here are some things that we have done

1. Groccery shopped ALONE TOGETHER!
2. Mall
3. We have seen 2 movies in one month, Slumdog millionaire and Gran Torino
4. EAT of favorite thing to do alone!
5. Painted pottery
6. Visited with friends
7. Ice cream and a walk in the park
8. Lobster Fest (TONIGHT!!) The one time a year I eat at red lobster! 
9. Proud Annie's Dinner Theater
10. Look for places to build the next house

So, these are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. The time with just my husband is so minimal but so treasured. I always look forward to Wednesday nights. They make my week!

 Forgot to mention that we are beyond blessed to have our wonderful babysitter Miss Heather that is so dedicated to us, she loves our kids and allows us to have this time together every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment