Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mother's Day Gift










We are back from the beach!! We had such a great time! I had the pleasure of spending both Mother's Day and my Birthday at my most favorite place to be. Being at the ocean was such an awesome reminder to me to BE instead of to DO. In my everyday life there just never seems to be enough time in every 24 hour period to get everything done on my to-do list. To be a mom is to be responsible, mature one, right? To get everything done that we need to get done, each and every day of the week right? I tend to take life way to seriously sometimes. I let my to do list become so ingrained in my head that I forget my to do list in my heart.

Mommy-to-do list: 5 loads of laundry, (check), run errands (check) wash the kitchen floor (check), Vacuum (check), make breakfast, lunch, dinner (check, check, check), oh and don't forget to shower and get dressed!

Mommy-to-be list: Loving (how do I do that?), Joyful (even with piles of dirty laundry on every floor of the house?), peaceful (with the kids fighting?) patient (yeah, right!), kind (toward whom? I'm the one with all this stuff to do?) gentle ( so I shouldn't yell at the top of my lungs?) faithful (when am I suppose to squeeze in time with Jesus?)

Being away from at least a few responsibilities, seeing the huge ocean (God's awesome creation), being Mother's Day, and realizing that my children are at the age where they actually want me around, they love me and they want to play with me!! In just a few years this time with be gone.

I realize that I can't be child like twenty four hours a day. I have grown up, and I have responsibilities. But of if I don't take the time to be child-like and have fun with my children, I am going to miss it.

So on this Mother's Day I am going to do my best to start waking up each morning with my to BE list instead of my to DO list. And twenty four hours a day is always enough time to BE what God wants me to be.

THE Gift!! J.Riley and Brent have been working on my gift for months now! They started building our vegetable garden in March and J.Riley and Ava helped mommy plant the seeds just recently. We planted, red and yellow tomato's, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, and lettuce. I am so excited! I will post more pictures in a few weeks so you can see if our garden is actually growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment