Friday, May 21, 2010

Thankful

Whew, what a week! It started last Saturday night J.Riley spent 3 days and nights vomiting before I took him to the doctor to find out he had strep! One great day at Dollywood and then a 12am wake up call from sweet little Ava, sick as a dog. Another Dr.'s visit today, strep confirmed. SO today was hard. I am totally exhausted, whiny, tired of cleaning up vomit, canceled plans, and just flat out OVER IT! Can you guess how many times I have said that today? Ha! In the midst of the storm I have decided the only thing that might make me feel better is to remember what I am so very thankful for!

1. Being well loved by my husband (even though I don’t deserve it 50% of the time). He works SO HARD to take on the financial responsibility for this family so Ava and J.Ri can have a mommy that stays home with them. At the end of the day, he still has time and energy to get down on the floor and play with his children and help me with whatever needs to be done. I amazed by all he does. He is a great example of what a man, husband, and father should be.


2. When my sick children want me to be still and cuddle them.. Usually it comes at very inconvenient times,(right after one of them has puked all over the couch) but I remind myself that these years of cuddling will be over SOON so I better soak up as much as I can now.

3. A good book to read.

4. PRAISE music and WORSHIPING GOD!!!

5. Ava's little pink painted toenails and the fact that she wants to always have a bow in her hair.

6. Friends I can ALWAYS count on and friends who know me…. The ones who see me for who I really am, the ones who I don’t have to shower for or put on my makeup! The ones who I can get really mad in front of. (You all know who you are).

7. God’s promises… ALL of them. He NEVER fails!

8. J.Riley turning up his radio way too loud and then dancing and singing in his room while he thinks no one is watching :)

9. My Mom..for her phone calls just to check on us.

10. A glass of wine.

1 comment:

  1. Great list, Aimee! I've had those weeks before and though I'm dealing with terribly sick children this week, I've also needed to be reminded of the little things to be thankful for. Sometimes those little things get me through until the next day. I hope you have a better week next week and that the kiddos start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete