Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

Every Thursday I am going to start my post by sharing three things I am thankful for. 

1.  I am thankful for our heavenly father's mercy and grace. I cannot even comprehend the fact that I can do nothing to earn this. It is simply a gift that I am forever grateful for.

2. I am thankful for my husband. He works so incredibly hard for us to be able to have everything we "need". He loves his children more and more everyday. Some days I say to myself "could a man be anymore in love with his children?" Then the following day I can see he is even more in love with them than the day before. He never gives up on me, he is my rock.

3. I am thankful for my Mom. It is so true that you will never understand how much your mother loves you until you have children of your own. I am so thankful for all of the sacrifices that she has made for our family. My children are so blessed to have her as their Nana!

Now, we do this same routine with J.Riley and Ava every night during our prayer time. We go around and each person has to tell what they are thankful for for that day. Hopefully teaching our children how to be grateful..something I was not very good at as a child! Lately we have noticed that J.Riley has said the exact same thing word for word oooohhh for the last month. It goes like this:

Mom: J.Riley what are you thankful for today?

J.Riley: I am thankful for food, a warm house, Mommy, Daddy and Ava.

Ok,the first time he said this we were just over joyed..thinking "this is what they mean when they say how rewarding parenting is." HA..our littte manipulator really just learned how to say exactly what mommy and daddy want to hear. We now encourage him to say something different every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment